Stansted Airport Directions
Stansted Airport directions by Car
Stansted by Car – Maps
Distances by miles if driving from:
Drop off/Pick up at Stansted
1. Free option
– Situated in the Mid Stay Car Park. Follow signs for ‘Free Set Down’ when approaching the terminal building.
The airport provides a free pick-up and drop-off from a designated area in the Mid Stay Car Park.
To access the airport terminal from this facility you will need to take a 5-minute courtesy bus (runs every ten minutes). You can accompany your family and friends to the airport building or meet visitors in the arrivals area and help them come back to your parked vehicle. Note: this is free for up to 1 hour, £1 up to 2 hours.
2. Express Set Down and Pick Up option
– Stays between 10-15 minutes are charged at an additional £1 per minute. Stays over 15 minutes are charged at £25.
– To get to this facility follow signs for ‘Express Set Down’.
This facility is situated just a short walk to the terminal. The option is suitable for those who are virtually stopping for a moment to drop off and pick up, and cars must not be left unattended.
If a quick kiss goodbye is not enough, the airport advises you to use either their free option in the Mid Stay Car Park (described above) or use a Short Stay Car Park.
Oh, and no cheating! A £20 fine will be applied for re-entering the Express Set Down area within 30 minutes of first entering.
3. Short Stay Car Park option
It does what it says on the tin! Stansted has 3 short stay car parks which are colour-coded (Red, Orange and Green). All short stay car parks are situated just a short walk to the terminal.